How it Works
- Your customer requests to make a payment
- You use the Banked API to create a PaymentSession
- Banked provides a URL to the Checkout for this PaymentSession
- Your customer completes theCheckout and selects a Provider
- We contact their selected Provider (customer's bank) asking them to make a transfer from the customer's account to the Payee's account
- The Provider directs the customer to authenticate themselves, select an account, and authorise the payment
- The money is transferred to the Payee's account
- We poll the Payer’s selected Provider regularly to check the status
- We update you, the Business, on the status of the PaymentSession
Creating a Payment Session
Created via the Payment API API or using the Console Console directly. Each PaymentSession has a unique URL which can be used to start the web-based Checkout flow
The Checkout Link
The Checkout is specific to your PaymentSession . You need to direct your customer here in order for them to authorise the bank-to-bank payment with their preferred Provider.
If a customer starts the Checkout process but abandons it, or does not approve Banked as a 3rd party, the PaymentSession will fail or remain pending.